1. We’re not dead yet!
2. Be kinder. But on the other hand, people who think climate change is fake are responsible for the continued destruction of our one and only goddamn beautiful planet Earth. So what can we really do?
4. Politics is war.
5. Let’s all remember that one time in 2012 when Josh Tillman (Father John Misty) tweeted @ me about my dad being a fan COS WE ALL NEED SOME GOOD MEMORIES IN THIS DAY AND AGE
(shout out to Walmart’s wall of fake flowers and that black coat that kept me warm for several winters)
6. I see your 24-hour cold brew coffee and raise you my half-full of cold coffee french press which has been left abandoned on my desk for a week. Take that, hipster scum!
7. Grow a garden. Plant trees. Sunshine.
8. Read something by Alan Watts (or Carl Sagan or anyone)
9. Podcasts are great. Podcasts are radio? Who wants to make a podcast with me?! Does EVERYONE have a podcast?? Does the world NEED more podcasts??
10. We can win.
When I was 18 I went to my first concert ever. It was at this old church in Detroit that had been converted into a concert venue. I went with my friend and it was the coolest thing I had ever done and I immediately fell in love with live music. Who did I see that night? None other than the lovely man with a lovely voice:
You might have heard of him – he has this one song, “New Shoes” that is in like 500 different movies and commercials. But, he’s more than that. His lovely scottish voice can be heard on two albums – and, yay, he’s making a third! Hopefully he comes back to the USA soon so I can again stand in the front row directly in front of him and the speakers and become temporarily deaf. Ah, the fond memories.
Now, on to the music!
When listening to this song I like to pretend he’s singing to me.
The lyrics in this are beautiful:
“And the children all smile as the boats suffle by them
Trying to pretend that they’ve got some space”
One more! Here’s a newer song.
Paolo’s music is the kind that will never go out of style, and you’ll never get tired of listening to. His lyrics are fantastic and his voice is unique and beautiful. Don’t you think?
Get you some pretty Paolo music here.