1. I’ve never believed anyone when they said it couldn’t be done.
2. My spirit animal is sticky velcro dots. Those things are amazing.
3. Love where you are, or leave. Love the people around you, or find new people.
4. You might be a grammar nerd if a stylishly placed comma in an email makes you a little bit gleeful.
5. If Hell exists, I bet it is in the middle of a never-ending casino filled with old people pushing slot machine buttons over and over again and grinning wildly.
6. Remember Adele?
7. Every additional person you love takes a small part of your heart with them when they leave you. You’re never a whole person until you’re surrounded by every single person that you love.
8. They say friendships are give-and-take. Right? So if you find yourself doing all –and I mean all– of the giving, it can’t really be a friendship. Maybe it was once. Not anymore. Let it go.
9. I’ll say it again: Only you find your pet stories hilarious. Only I find my pet stories hilarious. Some things, you just can’t share with other people. Or, at least, you shouldn’t.
10. Saying what you mean is sometimes the hardest thing to do on the planet.
1. Sometimes people don’t want to talk about themselves – and instead will do so while talking about other things.
2. Stop talking about how unintelligent other people are. It makes you sound stupid.
3. Always remind yourself to love other people’s love.
4. Listen to your favorite music right before that job interview/first date/other really exciting/scary event in your life! It will calm you down and remind you of the person that you actually are – not the person who’s really fucking nervous!
5. If you find that the people who you love/care about most have nothing left in common with you, it might be time to find new people to love/care about. Not that you have to drop those old relationships – it’s just time for some new ones.
6.I love you but your spelling is terrible.
7. Sometimes you just need a little reminder that there is so much more out there than what you can see.
8. Endings are sad/hard/can be the end of something good. However, endings are also the beginning. Of what, who knows – but something!
9. A baby dog crying is way worse than a baby human crying!
10. Sure, that thing you’re supposed to do later takes the effort of getting out of your chair/bed/house – and sometimes all you want to do is not do anything. But, it’s always better to experience new things – even if you have to force yourself into it, even if you really would rather lay on that nice, comfy couch… The couch will wait for you! The experience, not so much.
1. If you want to talk on the phone with someone, you must like them more than an average amount – because who talks on the phone?
2. “Before I know myself, seek not to know me.” Did I just quote Shakespeare?! Oh god! Who am I?
3. Money is useless. However, it just so happens that people are willing to trade you good things for it – like books, education, flowers, and plane tickets.
4. Sometimes I have to translate words in my head – like when British people use the word “football”.
5. How accomplished I feel in a day depends heavily on how many emails I send out. You too?
6. It’s easy to regret the things you’ve done, but what you really should be focusing on is all of the things you didn’t do! You’re welcome.
7. Say what you mean or say nothing at all.
8. Don’t be afraid to go it alone. Sometimes your friends/family aren’t into the same music as you are/don’t want to road trip to New York/hate shopping. Don’t miss out on that opportunity just because no one would go with you – no matter what it is. (see #6)
9. Meeting a new person is pretty much the same as traveling to another country/planet/universe in your head. You can never know too many people – they expand your understanding of the world and your place in it.
10. Have you seen the movie Everything is Illuminated? No? Well, you should!