Something New, Hey Infinity #39
1. Don’t stand still. Or do? You need a break from life sometimes, a nap, a vacation, a year off. Is that so terrible? Do we have to slave away, rush around with no path, with no finish line ahead? Sometimes it seems like society (and/or our mothers) demands this non-stop action from us, meaningful or not. Society doesn’t care. But I do! Stop. Breathe. Plan it out. I love you! Just don’t take too long.
2. 18-ish-year-old guy and his grandmother at the grocery store:
G-ma: “What do you want?”
Guy: “Let’s get pineapple. It tastes good. I drink the juice. It’s good for you.”
Um, ew. Don’t tell granny about that!
3. Don’t lose yourself in worthlessness.
4. Pluck it up.
5. Fuck marbles/shot glasses/tiny fancy spoons/posters/baseball, pokemon, whatever cards! Collect lovely people instead. (As in, meet them and get to know them and love them. Not in a creepy murder-y way. Felt I should add that.)
6. “I can’t go to that store again today because I wore these same pants yesterday!” – my life.
7. They are not real anymore.
8. We are growing up! I mean, everyone always said it was happening, but it’s really happening! My friends are getting married, and trying to have babies — actual babies — and building houses — like, on their own, like they’re real adults. Remember when that all terrified/disgusted us?? What happened?
9. So much can change in a year. You change so much in a year. But, is it for the better?! Or for the worse?! Ahhh!
10. Make something new.