The Most Difficult Part of My Life is Ending Phone Conversations, Hey Infinity #19
1. The only person who needs to believe in you is yourself.
2. If you hang around cool/interesting people who do cool/interesting things, you just might become one of them.
3. If you say yes to everything you want to do, and you say no to everything you don’t want to do, you will eventually find yourself in the place you want to be.
4. Try not to be one of those people who get excited about getting unexciting jobs.
5. Why is ending a phone conversation so difficult? It looks so easy in movies, people say cute things and hang up. In real life, you have to be all: Person #1: “Ok, good talking to you.” Person #2: “Yep!” Person #2:”Talk to you later.” Person #1: “Ok!” Person #2:”Ok, bye.” Person #1: “Bye.” No! Why?! No!
6. Finding something that you are truly excited/motivated about is the best feeling — sort of like finding a purpose for your life. If you’re not excited about what you do, do something else!
7. If you think hard enough about anything, it becomes very strange. Like bowling, for instance: throwing chunks of rock down lanes of super-waxy wood and knocking things down. What? Who thought that one up?
8. If it feels like everything in your life is changing, you’re doing something right.
9. If you spot a guy randomly carrying around a guitar, stop whatever it is you’re doing and follow him. Trust me.
10. There needs to be a hand signal for “Don’t smoke that’s gross”, or, “I was only staring at you because you’re polluting the Earth”. This is why everyone needs to learn sign language. Think how useful that would be!