we’re all inspirational – Very Inspiring Blog Award
I’ve always said that I like Irishmen. One of those, called “Rohan” in his native land (http://rohan7things.wordpress.com), nominated my site for the “Very Inspiring Blog Award”. How great is that? Pretty great. (Check out Rohan’s blog – he’s Irish, and smart, and funny, and he says cool stuff like “chuffed”!)
Hey Infinity has been called “awe-inspiring and wondrous”… and now inspiring! Please feel free to send more adjectives. Anyway, let’s get down to business here… Apparently this award stuff has rules.
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
Meh. Rules. Ok, I’ll play.
“7 Things About Me”
1. Fitted sheets and I don’t get along very well.
2. I watch more British TV than American TV. (On a computer, of course, not an actual television!)
3. I just recently finished reading the last book of the Ender Series, Children of the Mind by Orson Scott Card. Now I just have to read all the prequels, side-stories, spin-offs, and short stories.
4. I hate wearing socks.
5. Someday, I hope to become a coffee drinker. Or at least tea.
6. I laugh at my own jokes. I laugh when other people don’t laugh at my jokes. Basically, I find myself to be hilarious.
7. I think every single person is inspirational.
“15 Inspiring Blogs”
Wait, 15? How about… 5? And instead of just listing them off with no explanations, I’ll tell you why I think they’re great. Yep, I’m improving this award thing. You’re welcome.
1. (http://pcghana.wordpress.com/) Linda Smittle is a Peace Corps Volunteer currently living in Ghana. Following her stories of life in Jumbo – the people there, her experiences, the weirdness that sometimes happens when two cultures meet – inspire me to be a person of the world. Check out her last post here.
2. (http://jenibo.com/) Jen is one of my favorite bloggers to follow. She draws the coolest things ever, she’s a great writer, and sometimes she posts pictures of her cat. All of these things inspire me! I wish I could draw and/or write as well as she does. Check out her last post here.
3.(http://victorspictures.wordpress.com/) Victor is this fantastic fellow/photographer who posts interesting pictures that he’s taken and then writes about them. Ok, maybe that description doesn’t do him justice… Just go check his blog out for yourself, and you’ll get it. Another one of my faves.
4.(http://measureandstir.com/) Measure and Stir makes weird/unique alcoholic beverages, takes pretty pictures of them, and plops the recipe underneath so you can make them for yourself! I haven’t tried anything, yet, but I will… someday. If I can figure out how to make a lime peel spiral… Check out their last post, here. Some kind of yummy looking egg-nog-like drink. This may be the one, folks!
5.(http://ellengreycarter.wordpress.com/) Ellen Grey Carter (full name!) is relatively new to the blogging scene. She writes about cool stuff like writing. I know, right?! She’s got lots of interesting tips for writers, and she’s really funny… Ok,ok, go check her out already!
This is so sweet! Thank you for finding inspiration in my blog. It really means a lot to me.
And, I wish I liked coffee too. Coffee and mushrooms. Maybe when I’m older. But I guess we’re saving a lot of money that coffee drinkers spend at Starbucks. ;]
Yay! I’m inspirational. Makes me all giddy. Thanks! And yes, you should learn to love coffee and/or tea. They make me able to do all the things.
Congrats and well deserved 🙂 And good idea shaking up the nominations bit!
Tea is cool, so many varieties, just finished a cup of green tea, you’ve gotta get in on the action!
All the best 🙂